Public Accident Claims Image of Public Accidents Superhero
Public Page

Your world fallen apart?
We won’t let you fall.

Image of Arrow

Request a Callback

Leave your details and we
will call you back

Accidents In A Public Place

Have you had a trip or slip, maybe you’ve fallen over a broken pavement or badly maintained road? It is the responsibility of the highway authorities and local councils to maintain public footpaths and roads.

If you have been injured due to a failure of this duty, you could be entitled to make compensation claim online. Maybe you have had an accident whilst on a shop owner/occupier’s property due to an unmarked slippery surface, tripped on the pavement due to uneven or broken surfaces or fallen down public stairs due to a broken banister? If your story is something similar, then it’s worth getting in touch with The Accident Specialists.

Our team of experts have years of experience in claiming compensation for slipping and tripping accidents where there is clearly a breach of duty of care by a local authority, business or individual and thanks to their experience we have obtained compensation for our clients, as shown in the recent example in our success stories.

Your claim could include some or all of the following:

  • Compensation for your injuries
  • Loss of earnings
  • Travelling expenses
  • Prescription charges
  • Physiotherapy charges

Why Make A Claim?

It is the responsibility of the highway authorities and local authorities to ensure that public roads, footpaths and council property are maintained and safe for users. If your accident took place on land owned by these authorities, such as a pavement, school, park or library, then you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation against the local authority if it was negligent or failed in its duty of care.

Similarly, if your accident happened in a building open to the public, such as a restaurant, shop, cinema, shopping centre or gym, you could be entitled to claim compensation against the owner of the premises.

By making a claim, you should receive the compensation you deserve. Furthermore, you will be highlighting the potential hazard to the authority, organisation or individual responsible which may help to prevent others suffering in an accident likes yours.

How To Make An Accident In A Public Place Claim

Our professional personal injury claims specialist solicitors are experienced at helping people secure compensation for accidents in a public place, and understand how to make the most effective case – one that causes you the least hassle and results in the most compensation for you.

For free and impartial advice regarding your accident in a public place, please call The Accident Specialists on Freephone 0800 009 3079. Or if you would prefer for us to contact you either make a claim online or use our call back request feature and one of our solicitors will contact you at your convenience.

Success Stories